During this webinar, Dr. Moats will address some key questions, including:
1) What is “the science of reading?"
2) Why is there a chasm between science and educational practice?
3) What are some bedrock findings from research?
4) What changes are needed to prepare teachers well?
5) What does “structured literacy” look like?
Dr. Moats has been a teacher, psychologist, researcher, graduate school faculty member, and author of many influential scientific journal articles, books, and policy papers on the topics of reading, spelling, language, and teacher preparation.