The MiMTSS TA Center and Michigan Department of Education hosted the MDE Diversity in Literature Symposium: The How and Why of Literacy on March 16, 2023 at the Lansing Center in Lansing, MI.
Stay tuned for more information about the symposium for the 2023-24 school year in the coming months.
The Literacy Symposium is hosted in partnership between the Michigan Department and Education and the MiMTSS TA Center. It supports the Michigan Top 10 Strategic Education Plan, Goal 2 to improve early literacy achievement.
Throughout the day, participants will have the opportunity to engage in sessions aligning to the Science of Reading, which is a vast interdisciplinary body of scientifically-based research that helps inform how proficient reading and writing develops.
- Gain an understanding of the latest research, promising practices, and critical issues related to the Science to Reading to connect with their existing practices.
- Learn about developing systems to support effective implementation.
- Expand learning of contextual implementation of practices.
- Acquire new knowledge and skills applicable to their specific role/position.
- The symposium is free to attend.
- SCECHs will be available, at no cost, pending approval of the application.
- Questions? Please email: [email protected].