Using an Early Warning System (EWS) allows schools to identify students who are showing signs of risk for dropping out of school. Teams can then respond by addressing systemic changes to prevent future challenges and match these students to interventions to get them back on track for graduation and engaged in school.
Attendees must first complete the Early Warning Inventory and Monitoring System (EWIMS) Overview Course through EduPaths.
- Introduction to EWIMS
- Using Early Warning Indicator Data for Action Planning
- Spreadsheet Basics to Support EWS Coordination
- Organizing Early Warning Indicator Data
- EWS Coordinator Formative Assessment and Individual Professional Learning Plan
- Read the EWIMS Reading Packet
- View the Early Warning Indicator Data for Action Planning video
- Complete the Spreadsheet Basics to Support EWS Data Coordination four-part video series while referencing the following resources: