Using an Early Warning System (EWS) allows schools to identify students who are showing signs of risk for dropping out of school. Teams can then respond by addressing systemic changes to prevent future challenges and match these students to interventions to get them back on track for graduation and engaged in school.
Attendees must first complete the Early Warning Inventory and Monitoring System (EWIMS) Overview Course through EduPaths.
- EWIMS Alignment with MIBLSI Supports
- Using Early Warning Indicator Data for Action Planning
- Organizing Early Warning Indicator Data
- Building Fluent Talking Points for EWS
- Create an action plan for Early Warning System (EWS) Installation.
- Deepen background knowledge.
- Create communication for staff and community stakeholders regarding Early Warning Indicators (EWI).
- Understand how EWI data will be used within and MTSS data review and practice analyzing EWI data.
- Learn how to gather EWI data into an EWS and practice identifying common errors with organizing EWI data.