- Defining a School-wide Content Area Reading Model Within an MTSS Framework
- Why Students Struggle to Understand Text
- Before, During, and After Reading Comprehension Strategies
- SQ3R Overview
- Defining SQ3R Strategy Components
- Next Steps
- Develop an update for staff related to current MTSS implementation efforts for both behavior and reading.
- Understand why students struggle to understand text.
- Review compensatory strategies that can be used across core subject area classes to improve students’ understanding of what they read in their classes.
- Define each of the components of SQ3R strategy.
- Outline specific action steps for the SLT, administrator, and staff related to a School-wide Reading Model as a part of the MTSS framework.