- Why students struggle to comprehend text
- Before, during, and after reading comprehension strategies
- Overview of the SQ3R strategy
- Prepare to use SQ3R in upcoming lessons
- Outline contributing factors preventing secondary students from understanding and applying information they have read.
- Delineate strategies to be used to prevent comprehension failure before, during, and after students read text.
- Explain the components of the “Survey, Question, Read, Recite, Review” (SQ3R) comprehension strategy.
- Prepare to use the SQ3R strategy in your classrooms.