The Michigan Department of Education (MDE), in partnership with the Michigan Multi-Tiered System of Supports Technical Assistance Center, invites you to save the date for the 2024 MDE Diversity in Literature Symposium: The How and Why of Literacy.
This in-person literacy event will be held on March 7, 2024, at the Lansing Center and is for educators and administrators of all grade levels. Conference attendees will select from a wide range of breakout sessions featuring diverse literacy resources, research-based literacy practices, and other opportunities that support lifelong literacy learning. Additional details about the event are forthcoming.
The Literacy Symposium is hosted in partnership between the Michigan Department and Education and the MiMTSS TA Center. It supports the Michigan Top 10 Strategic Education Plan, Goal 2 to improve early literacy achievement.
Throughout the day, participants will have the opportunity to engage in sessions aligning to the Science of Reading, which is a vast interdisciplinary body of scientifically-based research that helps inform how proficient reading and writing develops.
- Gain an understanding of the latest research, promising practices, and critical issues related to the Science to Reading to connect with their existing practices.
- Learn about developing systems to support effective implementation.
- Expand learning of contextual implementation of practices.
- Acquire new knowledge and skills applicable to their specific role/position.
- There will be a cost to attend the symposium (TBD).
- SCECHs will be available, at no cost, pending approval of the application.
- Questions? Please email: [email protected].