The MiMTSS Data System is a free-access web-based data system designed for schools, districts, ISDs, and the MiMTSS TA Center to gather and analyze data that are critical for the continuous improvement of MTSS in Michigan. When teams use data to drive decisions about MTSS, it is more likely that MTSS will be implemented and sustained to support each and every learner.
- A tool for Michigan educators that allows for the reporting and visualization of data in usable formats to support continuous improvement planning for MTSS.
- Provides a place to collect data not captured elsewhere related to MTSS inputs, implementation, and outcomes (e.g., personnel, training records, partners, capacity assessments, fidelity assessments).
- Supports the Michigan Department of Education's commitment to create a systemic infrastructure that supports the needs of the field by reducing burden and creating integration with existing local systems.
- Data are presented in a common format for school, district, and ISD teams to analyze their data, so the data are easily understood across all levels of support.
- School-level data are immediately accessible to school districts and ISDs as it is entered.
- MiMTSS Data System was designed based on the principles of effective data visualization to make the graphics consistent, easy to interpret, and clutter-free.
- All aspects of the MiMTSS Data System have undergone multiple cycles of usability testing.
- Districts do not need to produce additional data for grant reporting; the TA Center collects all data for grant reporting through MiMTSS Data System.
- MiMTSS Data System is free to all users.
- For a series of informational videos, please access the MiMTSS Data System Playlist on YouTube.
- Register for a live virtual MiMTSS Data System Orientation Session. Sessions are offered monthly
Once you have access to the MiMTSS Data System, most pages have a detailed description of the information included on each page, how to navigate, and interpret. This can be accessed using the Page Help link at the top right corner of the web browser when users are logged in.
Integration is available between the MICIP platform and the MiMTSS Data System so that your district can easily assess needs and monitor progress related to an MTSS systems goal.
Turning on the integration will allow MICIP users to add data from the MiMTSS Data System to a Data Set. This integration allows users to more seamlessly pull MTSS data into a data set without having to create screenshots, upload images, or PDF reports. The following pathways and datasets are available:
- MTSS District Capacity: District Capacity Assessment, District Installation Checklist Data.
- MTSS Reading: Reading Tiered Fidelity Inventory, aggregated Acadience Reading scores, aggregated attendance, behavior, and course performance data, Reading Installation Checklist Data.
- MTSS Behavior: Schoolwide PBIS Tiered Fidelity Inventory, aggregated discipline referral data, PBIS Installation Checklist data.
Details about how to turn on the integration are available in the MICIP Platform Guide, page 23.