Early Childhood PBIS Leadership Teams use the EC-BOQ to assess their level of implementation of EC PBIS and to identify strengths and areas for improvement.
The Early Childhood Program-Wide PBS Benchmarks of Quality (EC-BOQ) is a tool designed to measure the implementation efforts of the seven key components of EC PBIS. The results of the team self-assessment guide action planning. The seven key components of EC PBIS are:
- Establish a leadership team
- Ensure staff buy-in
- Promote family engagement
- Establish program-wide expectations
- Develop and implement a plan for professional development and staff support
- Develop procedures to identify and respond to individual children’s social, emotional, and behavioral support needs
- Monitor implementation and outcomes
The Early Childhood Program-Wide PBS Benchmarks of Quality was developed by Lise Fox, Mary Louise Hemmeter, Susan Jack, and Denise Perez Binder (2017).